In completing the Biomedical Engineering program the student will also gain a solid foundation in the basic biomedical sciences, mathematics, electrical theory, electronics, computers, and information and data analysis. While the program includes a strong core curriculum, individual interests, and specific career, goals may be accommodated through electives in technical specialties. During junior and senior years, students are permitted to select technical electives either in one or more specialization.
Biomedical Engineering graduates find employment in industry, government and educational institutions. Opportunities also exist for self-employed consultants. Specific jobs biomedical engineers are prepared to include: electronics, biomedical measurements and system analysis, biomedical data and information processing, artificial systems development, radiation therapy engineering as well as biomedical signal processing. For this reason, Misr University for Science & Technology is offering this program to fill a very important gap in the job market in Egypt as well as in the other Middle East countries.
The general character of this Biomedical Engineering curriculum is designed towards providing the student with fundamental training in Biomedical Engineering disciplines equivalent to those offered by the American universities. To insure the right merging of the Biomedical Engineering concepts within the different areas of this Engineering profession, the student is advised to go into little more depth in one of the sub-disciplines of Biomedical Engineering through various electives.
Mission of the Biomedical Engineering Program:
The Mission of BME Program is to fill-in the gab of well-prepared professionals in the field, who are provided with excellent education and training in the fundamentals of their discipline through a combination of theoretical, laboratory, workshop, and field training.
To serve the local and global societies by graduating high qualified professionals at the different levels: starting with the
- Trained labor and technicians, who can work professionally in the maintenance and installation of the current and modern equipment.
- †Engineers with the ability and skills to expand theory and knowledge and transform complex ideas into working systems.
- Professional graduates and consultant who could work in the research and development of advanced theories and techniques to enhance and improve the diagnosis, treatment, and sophisticated analysis in the biomedical field. Also, utilizing the latest technologies in teaching activities and training programs.
Goals & Objectives of the Biomedical Engineering Program:
1)† Strong core curriculum
2) Comprehensive and strong set of major and minor fields that meet the increasing demands of career competency and interdisciplinary development.
3) An energetic, expert and diverse who show their concern for the total development of students through extensive time and effort spent with them, and through their eagerness to involve students in the work of their fields through joint research projects, practicumís, (field training), and service to community.
4) Strong support existing areas of excellence within BME science and technology, while identifying and promoting new area of specialties, including:
1- Bioinstrumentation and Biosensors
2- Biomedical Imaging Systems
3- Cellular, Tissues & Genetic Engineering
4- Biomechanics & Biomaterials
6- Bioinformatics & Biomedical Information Technology
7- Clinical Engineering.
8- Prosthetic Devices & Artificial Organs
9- Medical & Biological Analysis